Friday 1 April 2011

Happy New Month! April already...

Can you believe it??? Well, the 1st of April has finally arrived. This is a big day for us, because we handed over our old house today! It's been such a long slog, getting the old house emptied. The thing is, we didn't pack up one house into a big van, then take it to an empty house to unpack. We had one house that was full to the brim, and moved into another house that was full to the brim. It's been 5 long months of sorting, decluttering, taking things away and making space for other stuff. We've never had an empty space for more than a couple of hours, before going back to the old house, coming back and filling it up again! Every single weekend has been taken up with taking carloads of rubbish to the tip, delivering unwanted furniture to friends and trying to tidy up again between times. Whenever we've moved something into this house, it's never been as simple as that, we've had to move something else out of the way first! Basically, we've had to get rid of the entire contents of a three bedroom house. That is a LOT of stuff. Scary, when you think about how many thousands of pounds worth of stuff I've given or thrown away. We all do it, though. We work all these hours and spend years throwing money at stuff to fill our houses with. At the end of the day, it's just stuff. From now on, I'm spending my money on experiences and memories, not things that will clutter up my home and never get used! Well, now that the house is gone, I can finally start concentrating on the home I'm in now! We still need to unpack a few boxes and do a lot of decorating, so the house will be a work in progress for quite some time. Which brings me on nicely to my goals for April! My goals for March didn't quite go to plan, getting the house emptied became my complete focus, so everything else went out of the window! Here's what I'd like to achieve this month... 1) Open a new bank account. Fresh start for my new home! 2) Exercise at least 5 days a week 3) Get everything unpacked and tidy! 4) Sell hubby's car. We don't need 2 cars anymore, I work locally, so I'll be walking or cycling. I think that'll do. What are your goals for April?

No comments:

Post a Comment