Wednesday 23 March 2011

The BEST pasta dish ever - fact.

I adore Jamie Oliver. He taught me to cook at the age of 20. I'd just left home and hadn't ever had a lot of interest in cooking, but I bought his first book and after the first dish, I was hooked!
I've got just about every book he's ever done, but my favourite by far is 30 Minute Meals.
This dish is adapted from the book, and it's a huge favourite in my house. Even my fussy son will clear his plate and ask for seconds!
Try it. Honestly, you'll love it. Oh, and buy the book, you'll never regret it!

JOOLS' PASTA

4 spring onions

1 carrot

1 stick of celery

1 fresh red chilli

1 pack of good quality sausages

1 tsp fennel seeeds

1 tsp dried oregano

500g dried penne (about 6 handfuls)

4 cloves garlic

4 tbsps balsamic vinegar

1 tin chopped tomatoes

basil and parmesan for garnish

Using the blade attatchment of a food processor, chop the spring onion, carrot, celery and chilli. Add the sausages, fennel seeds and oregano and pulse again until everything is well combined.

Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the mixture, keep stirring and breaking it up until well browned. Meanwhile, cook the penne in salted boiling water until tender.

Crush the garlic and add to the sausage mixture, add the balsamic vinegar and allow to bubble. Add the tomatoes and simmer while the pasta is cooking.

Once the pasta is ready, drain (reserving a cupful of cooking water) and add to the meat mixture, along with the reserved water. Stir well, spoon into bowls and top with grated or shaved parmesan, and scatter with torn basil leaves.

Enjoy! It's totally freaking delicious.

buy the book here!

No comments:

Post a Comment