Wednesday 2 February 2011

Life's little surprises

We had a bit of a disappointment yesterday. The couple who'd offered on our house were never getting back to us, and I'd spent two whole days staring at my phone, willing it to ring. Isn't it so frustrating waiting for a phonecall? I hate it, I feel so powerless!
I finally caved and asked our solicitor to chase them up and find out what they were doing. It turned out they'd changed their minds and decided not to take it any further.
I was gutted, it was the only offer we'd had in the 8 months since the house went on the market and I really thought it was our big chance to sell.
Well, today was just a case of moving on and trying to forget about it. At 3pm though, we got a call completely out of the blue to say that another couple had made an offer!
Again, it wasn't quite enough of an offer, so we went back and asked for more. They came back and offered what we'd been hoping for, and we accepted!!!!
The house is under offer, yay! I'm absolutely delighted.
I never imagined that I'd be starting February with a new job and my house sold, it's amazing. It still hasn't quite sunk in!
The strangest part is, the couple want the completion date to be 1st April, which was the excact date we moved into the house 6 years ago! How odd that the house became ours on 1st April and will stop being ours on 1st April.
The good thing is, that gives us two whole months to get the loft and garage emptied, although I'll try to get the bulk done in February, I don't want to risk running late with it and being stressed out nearer the time.

Anyway, i just wanted to share that, It's the best possible thing that could have happened today and I wasn't even expecting it. One of life's happy little surprises :-)

1 comment: