Monday 31 January 2011

The best laid plans - resolutions roundup!

Like I said in the last post, i like plans. I like to know what's happening and what I want to achieve.
that being said, I'm pretty good at going with the flow, because I'm well aware that unexpected things can crop up and life doesn't always go according to plan.

This is why I don't freak out if I don't achieve my monthly goals - they're just a guideline, something to aim toward. I've always been a fan of working towards something. I think I'd find it physically inpossible to just bumble along from day to day without some kind of direction!

My goals for January (and the results) are as follows...

1) Start pole dancing lessons.

This has been a HUGE success! I adore my pole class. It's not actually dancing at all, mostly acrobatics and strength training. It's so addictive that I ordered my own pole and it should be here any day! I will definitely give pole training it's very own post very soon!

2) Learn the basics of my sewing machine, make an apron.

umm...I haven't done any of this. Simply no time, honest! This will become clear when I explain the unexpected stuff that cropped up.

3) Lose 5lb

I lost 8lb! I joined Weight Watchers online and between that and pole class, I've been losing weight pretty steadily.

4) Read 2 whole books, go to bed before 10pm 2 nights per week.

umm...no. I do try to get into reading, but often I'm so tired by bedtime, I lack the concentration to follow a long book. i tend to read cookbooks in bed instead! The early bedtimes have been a big fail, and I will definitely make that a goal for february.

Okay, so out of 4 goals, I achieved 2. Having said that, a couple of unexpected things cropped up that I didn't expect!

I hadn't been planning to change jobs, but a very desirable job came up in a local sheltered housing complex for adults with learning disabilities. I applied and got it! I've since given notice at my current job and finished there, so a very unexpected achievement for January!

Also, I had two unexpected viewers at my old house this month, which meant having to do a massive amount of cleaning, tidying, packing and taking things to the skip. I've succeeded in virtually emptying my whole house this month and tidying up the garden. A lot of work, but well worth it! We got an offer on the house last week, which was slightly lower than we'd have liked, so we're waiting to hear if they are willing to offer more. definitely a good achievement for January.

Ooh, and I've also become really into painting my nails. The online forum I'm part of has a thread called Nails of the Day, and it's really interesting to see what everyone does with their nails. I am not very good at taking care of myself, so even taking a few minutes every few days to paint my nails is a huge achievement.

So yeah, January has been a very busy month, I've done a lot of good stuff!
What are you proud of this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment