Saturday 1 January 2011

It's a new dawn, it's a new day...

....it's a new year for me.....and I'm feeling good!

Well, there's been a bit of radio silence from me on here for a week or two, but I have been flat out trying to get us settled into mum's house and prepare for xmas and new year at the same time!
It's been a really exhausting couple of weeks, every minute of every day has been completely filled with work, taking care of the kids, walking the dogs, cooking, cleaning, packing, unpacking, moving, shovelling snow, pulling sledges, pushing cars, shopping, argh!
I nearly reached breaking point last night, just the whole emotion of it being the end of such a difficult year mixed with the tiredness and stress of the past two weeks (well, whole year, actually), and I struggled to keep myself together for a little bit!
Anyhoo, that's it now - the festivities are done with and I for one will be very glad to pack away all the decorations and start getting back to a normal routine.

Let's have some new year's resolutions, shall we?

1) Learn pole dancing
2) Learn to sew and make clothes and toys
3) Lose 2 stone
4) Treat myself better. Stop taking on too much and spend more time relaxing.

I'll set myself monthly goals so they don't get lost with everything else that's going on, and I can keep track of how I'm getting on.

Here are my goals for January;

1) Start pole dancing lessons
2) learn the basics of working my sewing machine, make an apron.
3) Lose 5lb
4) Read 2 whole books, go to bed before 10pm 2 nights per week.

Will do another post on this at the end of January and we'll see how I get on!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Your resolutions sound good, especially the sewing and the reading. I started sewing at the beginning of last year then gave it up again, my poor sewing machine!
    Becky :-) x

    ReplyDelete