Wednesday 28 July 2010

Me old china...

I adore china. I adore tea and cakes. My idea of absolute heaven is a table full of mismatched vintage china, pretty floral cake stands full of beautiful homemade cakes, and a pot of tea. If the teapot is covered with a handmade tea cosy, all the better!

Yep, you can keep your drunken nights on the town, I'm a definite tea party kinda gal.


A few months ago, I bought an antique china cabinet, which I sanded and started to paint white. Of course, me being me, I haven't actually finished painting it yet, but I will, honest! I'm also going to find some pretty paper to cover the back of it with, and haven't quite decided whether to keep it solid white or distress it a bit.

The intention for the cabinet is to fill it with my favourite cookbooks and lots of my beloved mismatched china. I was going to buy a vintage teaset from an estate sale, but I decided to start a slightly more motley collection by picking up odd bits here and there from charity shops, with a few new pieces thrown in here and there if they make my heart sing enough!

I started my collection this week by buying this...


Isn't it lovely! Called a trio, it comprises of a teacup, saucer and side plate, and cost me £5 from a local Red Cross shop. I love the images and the gold trim, so pretty! Stay tuned for more additions to the collection soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment