Wednesday 28 September 2011

Those magic changes....

Hellooo!!!
I'm back, after a very long break, and an awful lot of major life changes. It's been a traumatic, hectic, fantastic, hilarious, tragic, exciting, exhausting and surpsising few months here.

The first major change is that I am now a single mummy!
A lot of soul searching brought us to the realisation that although we have a great friendship, we no longer functioned as a couple so we have gone our seperate ways. Becoming single after 13 years has been a massive learning curve for me, the last time I was single, I was a teenager!
I'm getting there though, and at least I feel ready to be putting my feelings into words again.

The second major change is that I've just been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, which has put a few of the more important aspects of my life on hold, like work and of course my beloved pole dancing! I've been in lots of pain, but it seems to be getting under control now which is good.
In the meantime I've been concentrating on other things I love doing, especially cooking! Look out for my new blog, Dolly's Diner, coming soon!

Anyway, like the tree hugger that I am, I've taken these big scary life changes and turned them into opportunities for bigger and better things.
I'm a huge believer that when a crisis hits your life, it's simply clearing the way for something better to come in. All we have to do is embrace the change, let it happen and be grateful for the lessons that are being offered to us.
Easier said than done a lot of the time, but it's always good to remember that sometimes the worst things that happen to us often lead to the best of our blessings.

I'm going to be blogging about a number of different topics over the coming days, as well as starting on the new food blog. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has anything they want to see, either food wise or life wise, please leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back dolls..... :)
    Looking forward to reading more xx

    ReplyDelete